Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's day is just around the corner. Are you ready?

It's that time again. Do you have your flowers ordered? I for one am not a big fan of flowers. Yes I am a female from the planet earth but the hard reality of it is I have a black thumb even with cut flowers. I don't know what it is but they just seem to wilt when I touch the vase. However I love candles. Hint Hint! Now last year I got flowers in a candle. They were wonderful. And if you are creative you can make it at home. Here's what you will need

- candle in a jar that has a lid
- sticky putty
- a bouquet of fresh flowers
- that green foam stuff for flowers
-a pretty ribbon

Direction- take candle flipping the lid over and putty it down on the top of the candle.Make sure it's secure. Put moist green foam down in the lid. Arrange flowers sticking the into the foam. Finish off by tying a beautiful bow around the jar where the lid meets the jar.
It makes a lovely gift and after the flowers die you still have a great candle.

Do you have any great Valentine idea's?I love to hear them. Hate Valentine's Day well tell me that too then

BTW- Be sure to enter the scavenger hunt @ http://1RomanceEbooks.com . It runs til the 14th so hurry

No comments:

Post a Comment